Friday, February 27, 2009

Lambert's Cafe- Good Eatin and Great Fun!



We are still enjoying getting to know our new area. We have a Lambert's Cafe about 45 minutes away from our home in Foley, AL. We love this place. We use to go when we lived in MO. For those of you who do not know, there are only 3 of these in the country, and they are the home of the throwed roll! Yes, throwed, not thrown! There are guys and gals in red bow ties and suspenders pushing carts of fresh, hot, huge yeast rolls. These folks are ready to throw a roll across the restaurant at any raised hand! It is a blast!! Then you eat your hot roll with honey, butter, apple butter, or molasses.


They also have what is called Norm's Pass-it-arounds. When you get to your table, pull off a paper towel, get a plate, and get ready for the good southern food coming at you. These free pass it arounds include fried potatoes, fried okra, macaroni-n-tomatoes, black-eyed peas, and more. Then you order your reasonably priced and generously portioned meal which includes two more sides. Your drink also comes in an enormous mug, so you rarely run out. This is a wonderful place for the family or a group. You will leave with a smile, some great memories, a full belly, and a ton of leftovers! If you are ever in Sikeston, MO; Ozark, MO; or Foley, AL you must go! Check out all kinds of pics and fun facts about Lamberts at:

http://www.throwedrolls.com/

Sorry, my pics aren't very good here. I had my camera on the wrong setting.


Waiting for our throwed rolls...


The guy throwing rolls at us...

Ready to catch a roll? Hands in the air ...



Even Justus put his hands up. Then he practiced throwing his food too. Maybe this wasn't the best place to take a 16 month old.

Eating the yummy rolls...




2 comments:

Liz said...

We love Lamberts. My husband is in the military and we are currently living in MO. I consider having Lamberts nearby an added perk. =)

I just found your blog recently and have really enjoyed I thus far.

Becky said...

Oh my! This restaurant sounds like a hoot. I remember visiting my in-laws in Arizona and they took us to the Waffle House. As soon as you walk in the door everyone is yelling "Mornin!" Still cracks me up to this day. I can just picture the rolls flying. LOL Here we have a BBQ place called Johnny Rebs where you can eat peanuts and throw the shells on the floor. It is supposed to be Southern style. They also serve the big drinks, in a mason jar. One year for my birthday we went there and I kissed the brass pig. Wore a silly hat and had to do the chicken dance. It was fun. Glad you all are having fun.