Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm Still Here-Don't Give Up On Me

Wow! This is a long time of no posting for me! I am still here. I have just been really sick. I am so thankful that I am now better. I had no desire to sit at the computer at all, much less actually post something. Now, I am all better, but.... Asher has a high fever again. When it rains it pours in this house--at least when it comes to sickness. I am taking him to the doctor this afternoon.

I am soooooo behind on things in this house. It is definitely NOT RACHEL CLEAN!! I stayed on the couch most of the time when I was sick, but I am still a little drained of energy. I have got to get an energy boost and get this place organized and clean. I have to do both of those together. They go hand in hand to me. I can't clean without organizing, and I can't organize without cleaning. It is a daily thing in this house to keep all of the closets, drawers, cabinets, etc... organized. I don't mean that I organize each one every day, but I do have a system and I put things in their place daily. When I am down, things are not put in their place and begin to pile up. Then the things that were put away were not all put where they belong, so order now has to be restored. Anyway you know.... It is just different when it is not mom doing it....

I do have some pictures of Chloe's field trip to post, but I will do those at another time. I need to get busy.

I will leave you with a cute poem I borrowed from a friend.

If you give a mom a muffin,
She'll want a cup of coffee to go with it.
She'll pour herself some.
Her three-year-old will spill the coffee.
She'll wipe it up.
Wiping the floor, she'll find dirty socks.
She'll remember she has to do laundry.
When she puts the laundry in the washer,
She'll trip over boots and bump into the freezer.
Bumping into the freezer will remind her she has to plan for supper.
She will get out a pound of hamburger.
She'll look for her cookbook ("101 Things To Do With a Pound of Hamburger").
The cookbook is sitting under a pile of mail.
She will see the phone bill, which is due tomorrow.
She will look for her checkbook.
The check book is in her purse that is being dumped out by her two-year-old.
She'll smell something funny.
She'll change the two year old's diaper.
While she is changing the diaper, the phone will ring.
Her five-year-old will answer and hang up.
She'll remember she wants to phone a friend for coffee.
Thinking of coffee will remind her that she was going to have a cup.
And chances are...If she has a cup of coffee,
Her kids will have eaten the muffin that went with it.

Author Unknown

4 comments:

Miranda said...

I've been really worried about you! I was just going to email you and see if you were okay. I didn't want to have to come all the way to Alabama just to nurse you back to health! :) I am so glad you are feeling better! Love ya!

Jennie Bender said...

Glad you are feeling some better. Hope your family stays well. It is hard when it rolls that way...Darcy had a rough week right after Bible Conference. It has been hard getting back on track.

Stay well=)

tascha said...

CUTE POEM :)
Glad you are feeling better!!!!

Becky said...

Rachel, I am sorry that you were so sick. I know how it is when things pile up. ;-) I hope another round is not getting started with your son being feverish. Ugh. I will say a prayer. Oh, and thanks for the adorable poem. It is like the book "When You Give a Mouse A Cookie". I used to read that to my sons. Brought back some good memories.