Monday, July 28, 2008

House is Finished, Abigail Gets Baptized, Ladies' Conference, Family Reunion




Let's see. The house is finished. It looks great. It is not the green color we were hoping for. It looks more gray, but it is still much better than the paint chipped and dirty white we had before. I added bigger pics of it below.

Abigail was baptized yesterday! I read down the blogs and realized that I never posted when she asked Jesus into her heart. We have been talking to her about salvation for quite some while now, but she never seemed to fully understand. She always told us ,"I am not a sinner." Then the last weekend in June she finally understood, and she brought it up herself. I was cleaning the house, and she came to me and said, "I am a sinner. I do bad things. I want to go to heaven." We talked for a while, and she prayed and asked Jesus into her heart. It is a joy and excitement that is hard to explain when your own little ones ask Jesus into their hearts. So, she was baptized yesterday. I tried to get pics, but my camera stopped working during her baptism. There was another person taking some, so I am going to see if they have any of Abbie.

I went to a Ladies' Conference at Lighthouse Baptist Church in Indianapolis(the church Aaron grew up in) this past Friday night and Saturday morning. The theme was Cooking School: Ingredients For Life. It was excellent. I learned a lot about how to be a better wife, mother, and pastor's wife to the people of our church. They are also so creative in their decorating. I got bunches of ideas for my own ladies' meetings and banquets. I have been to 5 of their conferences now, I think this was the best one yet. In my own devotions this past weekend also I read a verse in Galatians where Paul was asking do we seek to please men or God. He then goes on to say if we are seeking to please men then we are no longer the servants of Christ, but of men. I needed that. I know that too often I am so worried about pleasing the people around me, and I need to just make sure I am pleasing Christ in what and how I do.

We also had a family reunion on Aaron's side this weekend. It was good to see everyone and meet people that we didn't even know. There was a good turnout. The kids - and boy was there a ton of them- played together like they had always known each other. They had a great time .

No comments: