Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kidney Stones Plague Us Again

The unsuspecting man woke up with an excruciating pain....Aaron passed a few kidney stones this past Saturday and Sunday. He woke up around 3:00 Sunday morning with a dull pain in his left side. He then woke me up and told me that he thought he had kidney stones again. I quickly got up and took him to the emergency room. In October when I had them, I waited to long to go to the hospital, and by the time we got there it was so painful I was curled up in a ball on the waiting room floor. I didn't want Aaron to have to be like that. They took him back fairly quickly and immediately gave him and i.v. with two strong pain meds. This eased the pain, and he was able to sleep. He received a scan that confirmed he was passing kidney stones. He was sent home around 7:00 with meds and a strainer to catch the stones. Before we got home he passed two more. Kidney stones are awful!! They are the worst pain I have ever experience. Yes, even over child birth.

This was Sunday morning, so the pastor of our church didn't make it to church that day. (The pastor being Aaron.) That was a first. What do you do when the pastor can't show up and you find out the morning of services? The deacons had to tag team the day. We assume that it went well. No one has said otherwise. He did make it to church that evening. He even had choir practice before and did a wedding afterwards. He definately took a licking and kept on ticking. I could not have done that.

No comments: