Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Heart For Christ

Psalm 103 (just a few verses) "BLESS the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;...He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniqities. ... Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure. Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul."


Has the Lord ever put so many things on your heart and in your mind at the same time that you begin working on overload? That is where I am today. He has placed many ideas, tasks, and people on my mind. My mind has been jumping all over the place. I am thankful though. It is a comforting feeling when you know something is from the Lord or someone is placed in your path by the Lord. It is always nice to realize "He wants to use me!" Of course we know this in our minds, but sometimes we have to realize this in our hearts.

I know for myself too often I end up going about my daily Christian life in a robot mode, because it is a routine. I have lots of Bible knowledge. I know most of the answers to the questions. I can give counsel. However, it becomes such a routine, such a habit that I don't stop and realize how the Lord wants to use me, work through me, and work on me each day. It needs to be HIM doing it all through me, not me doing it own my own. I don't want to take my relationship with the Lord for granted. I don't want to take my responsibilities from the Lord for granted. I don't want to take what he Has allowed me to learn and what He has shown me for granted. I want to take the time to stop and really consider what new things the Lord has for me each day and realize how amazing He is and be appreciative that He does want to use a sinner like me.

I believe God wants to show us new things each day, but we sometimes put on our "I already know this or I have read this many times before" mindset when we study our Bibles, listen to the preacher's message, have Bible discussions with others, teach our children, counsel with others, etc... Those of us who are from a Christian home, have been to Bible college, in the ministry, or very active in our church are more guilty of this. We know most things in our MINDS, but that hinders us from getting it into our HEARTS.

I want to be careful what I pass on to my children. I want them to get it into their hearts as well as their minds. I don't want to pass on knowledge. I don't want to pass on a routine. I want to pass on a HEART's desire.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

These verses are some of my favorite. They have been there for me through some storms. It is so wonderful that Christ still deals with our heart. I always want to be in a place (spiritually) where I can hear Him when He speaks to me. When He deals with your heart about something, it is special, and more permanant because you know that it is from Him.