Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lovely Days- Busy Days- Fall Days




All is well around here. We are enjoying the beautiful Fall weather we are getting right now!!! I LOVE the Fall weather!!! It has been around 68 for the past 5 days. This kind of weather is refreshing. It makes me just want to be outside as much as possible. It is not too hot. It is not too cold. The colors that will soon be arriving are my favorite. I really enjoy decorating for the fall too. I do just fall stuff towards the end of September. Then in November I throw in the Pilgrims and Indians for Thanksgiving. I have actually come to enjoy seeing all of the corn being harvested in the fall. (When we first moved to Indiana my thoughts were more of is there anything else to look at around here other than corn.) I love the foods of fall. We have a couple of ladies in our church who love to make pumpkin breads, carrot breads, zucchini breads, etc... We always are given a few loaves. I also love the holiday season that is already surrounding us everywhere. However, it is a little bit crazy to see Wal-Mart already covered with Christmas decorations. We have birthdays this month- three in our house. In October we are hosting at our house a fall party for several of the other young pastors and youth pastors and their families. Right now we mostly just see them at the youth rallies and church camps we all attend with our youth groups. We thought it would be nice to get together when we are not working, when we can be more focused on fellowshipping and really getting to know each other. I am looking forward to it. I am already scouting out the dollar store for cute fall items, so I can start making small gift baskets to give away to each family.

Saturday is Aaron's 31st birthday. Tomorrow we are have two couples and their kids over for a small party. Saturday we are going to a state park about an hour away with our neighbors and their kids. Our children are together most of the day when they get out of school. We have to drag them inside to eat dinner and drag them inside again at dark.( I remember those days. I occasionally miss the times when all I had to worry about was how long I would get to play.) This family is a deep rooted Catholic family. The kids also go to a Catholic school. This is the first time we adults are really spending any time together other than small talk on the sidewalk. Pray for us to be the right witness to them. Of course we want to share the truth of God's Word with them, but we need to know God's timing and how He would have us deal with this. In small areas we have already have had to deal with a few of the differences and falsehoods with our own children. I think it would be easier to deal with our kids becoming friends with a family who does not attend or rarely attends church than the situation we have now. We know that God has put them in our lives or rather us in their lives for a reason. Pray that we can be a light to the truth for them.

We are super busy every weekend. Our next available Saturday is the first Saturday in November. Well, I do have October 11th, but I am pretty sure I am going to squeeze in a garage sale that weekend. Aaron will be away at a Men's retreat though, so it will be me tackling it alone with the kids. Wow! The weekdays are normally packed. They still are, and there are a few added school things. It is busy. It is fun!! But... it is also exhausting at times. Other than piano for Chloe, most of these things that make us busy are responsibilities Aaron and I have committed to. I don't even want to think about what it will be like when the kids are older and have their own practices, ball games, etc...


The picture is of a cute little potato I had in my potato bag. It was the perfect little heart shape. I made it into a twice baked potato for Aaron.

No comments: