Sunday, September 21, 2008

Surgery and Birthday

My surgery is over, but I can't really say that it was successful. I had my DNC to get out the placenta. The doctor also had to correct something with my cervix that was not put back together correctly after having Justus, so I have several stitches also. The endometral ablation was not done. The hospital had two machines that are used for the procedure and neither of them would work, so I have to have another surgery in the near future to get that done and take care of my other problems. I am in quite a bit of pain. I was not prepared for that. I thought I might be a little uncomfortable, but it is more than that. It must be from whatever they did for my cervix or from trying out two different machines. I don't know, but I am ready for it to be over. I don't think it is from the DNC, b/c others who have had one didn't mention much pain afterwards. Or maybe I am just a SUPER WIMP! I know I don't have much pain tolerance, but I would say this is worse than I felt after having any of my children. When I think I can get up and do something, I do. Then a little bit afterwards I regret moving around so much.

Pray for me to fill better soon. Me being down for too long will start making things really pile up around here. Then ,as many of you know-especially my family and former college roomates, the piles will start to drive me crazy. Then I will be frustrated at all of the mess and at everyone who made any of it-- including myself.

I turned 31 yesterday. Thank you to everyone for my birthday gifts. I spent my day laying down on the couch and in the bed. I watched lots of movies and slept.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

I am glad and part of the surgery was sucessful! What you are experiencing is similar to what I feel like after my c-sections. Be sure to take your pain meds BEFORE you think you need them. Try to keep on a constant schedule with them. If your house starts to pile up, just ignore them. (maybe Aaron will take care of them for you.) Happy Birthday!!! (what a way to spend your special day!)

Jennie Bender said...

Sorry you had such a hard time=(
I do hope you get well soon, my friend!

Good for you--watching movies and resting up! You need to take it easy! Get well.