Friday, May 8, 2009

Life as Usual

I am trying to get back on top of posting every other day or so, but it just hasn't happened yet. That is probably a good thing though, because that means less time that I am spending at the computer each day. :)

We have had a wonderful week around here.

Monday was filled with laundry and rain outside, so we watched movies and stayed inside. One bad thing...we put up our pool last week. It is one of those ugly blue bubble looking pools that you see in lots of yards. The kids had so much fun playing in it. Anyway, something happened to it during the rain storm and the air tube part went flat. We filled it with air again, and it went flat again after several hours. I can't figure it out. I can't find any holes or cuts. It is a brand new pool. We had one last year and never had any problems with it. There has to be a hole somewhere that I can't find. Tuesday we brought a little more culture to our lives and went to an art showing. One of the ladies in our church is a painter, and she was a featured artist in the show. Every Wednesday is extremely busy but encouraging around here. Asher has speech at 12:30. The girls have piano at 3:15. Then it is home for quick baths and dinner before church. There is no time to sit down or play, so we can make it on time for King's Kids. Praise the Lord, I was able to lead a nine year old little boy to the Lord this Wednesday after King's Kids! Thursday was an easy going but productive day. IT CAN BE DONE! I got lots of laundry washed, folded, and hung up as well as several other household chores. Today my plans were to meet another mom from church at The Watermelon Patch, which is not really a field of watermelon vines and dirt as I thought. I am so glad that I looked it up online, so I would not be looking for a bunch of watermelons in the middle of town. It is actually like a mommy and me play place with classes and play areas. Well, these are no longer the plans. Asher started throwing up about 4:00 this morning and hasn't quit yet. He wants to go play though. However, I don't think that the other moms would appreciate me bringing my sick child to an area with lots of other kids. Yes, someone in this house is sick again. :( Everyone was good for four days, so I will take it. It is better than no days. I am just smiling and laughing at someone else being sick. No, I am not glad that he is sick, but this continuous merry- go -round of sickness is getting humorous. Maybe, I need to send everyone away for a couple of days and scrub and bleach this house. Tonight we have plans for our youth pastor, his wife, and their little boy to come over for dinner. I am hoping that Asher will not still be throwing up this afternoon. This is already our second time to schedule them over for dinner. We had to cancel last time when I was really sick. :) Tomorrow we are suppose to go to a 1st birthday party.

Overall, we have had a happy week. God is good to us.

5 comments:

tascha said...

well, glad you had a couple days or wellness... Praying Asher is better soon (before lunch!!) and that you are able to have your company over.

Pilar said...

Busy Bee!!

Miranda said...

Hey! You made my day by calling this evening! I wish we lived closer! I know we are still close even after all these years! Hope your Mother's Day weekend is great! Love Ya!

Unknown said...

Definitely busy, but amazing you could write it all down and remember it. I am so unable to remember what I did yesterday. ;) Not that I have done that much mind you.
Hope you have a lovely Mother´s day!

Becky said...

You are simply amazing Rachel! You are an inspiration to me. Happy Mother's Day to you.