Friday, October 24, 2008

Our Candy

Alright, the kids and I did manage to get some candy made this afternoon. They are a little sloppy for our first batch, but I am sure they will get prettier with each try. They are super rich and sweet in taste. No one could eat a whole one. They are wrapped up for tomorrow.
These are nothing fancy. I said I had a recipe for making candy. As I read it, all it took was melting some candy melts, putting the melted candy in a mold, putting in a pretzel stick, and covering with more candy. It was messy for the little ones, but they had fun.

4 comments:

Jennie Bender said...

I think they are cute! I have never made these. Are they white chocolate and regular chocolate? Cute! Your house is so much fun!

Rachel Smith said...

Jen,

The dark ones are regular chocolate. The orange ones are Wilton brand candy melts that come in all different colors.

tascha said...

looks like you had fun :) I'm not brave enough to try that this year ;)

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Those candies are too cute! What a great idea.
Hope Aaron has fun at the game.