Monday, October 27, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window...The sky is a dark gray and covered with thick snow clouds. It is c-c-cold today. We actually have snow predicted for today and tomorrow.

I am thinking...I am not ready for the snow yet. I want the fall weather.

I am thankful for...a warm, cozy home. The Lord has always provided us with the means to have a nice home to live in.

From the kitchen...all is quiet and clean , breakfast- pancakes, lunch- hot sandwiches, dinner- a yummy warm soup

I am wearing...my husband's flannel shirt that he passed on to me when we were first together. I love wearing it. It is/was his, and it is roomy, warm, and cuddly. (Warmth is obviously on my mind today. I just noticed that I have used that word three times.)

I am creating...piles of freshly laundered and folded clothes, boxes of clothes to pass down to little ones in the family, decorations for the Ladies' Christmas party on Dec. 6th

I am going...nowhere other than to get the kids from school

I am reading...Romans

I am hoping...that Aaron has a safe trip to Nashville and a good time going to the Colts game tonight

Around the house...laundry and organizing the closets some more- yes, I am still sorting through the summer season clothes

One of my favorite things...fall scented candles- I love the hazelnut and mulled cider scents the best!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Tues- ministry workers banquet at the Good News Mission in Indy with some of our friends who are also pastors and pastors wives, Wed- mid- week prayer service at church, Thurs- kids' dentist appointmen, Fri- stay in and play games with the kids, Sat- van visitation and family time

Here is picture thought I am sharing... This is a picture of the Chloe and Abbie playing in the snow a couple of years ago. This was the first big snow of that year.

2 comments:

HDMac said...

Cute pic!!!!

A happy heart at home said...

Cute pic! I enjoyed your daybook.

~Susan