Monday, October 20, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window...a light frost is on the ground. Last Monday it was unusually warm around here. Today it is cold. The temperature went way down last night.





I am thinking...I wonder if the cold weather is going to stick around this time or are we going to have another warm spot.





I am thankful for...my family. I love them. I have been blessed with a husband who is very good to me and kids who are pretty good most of the time. They have there moments, but overall they are good, happy kids. (I used the word good a lot. My vocabulary is obviously limited today.)





From the kitchen...the smell of a freshly mopped floor. breakfast:cereal; lunch:chicken casserole, mashed potatoes, & corn on the cob; dinner: to be announced





I am wearing...navy blue sweatshirt, khaki culottes, & warm socks





I am creating...party plans for a baby shower I am throwing Sunday night after church, decorations for the Ladies Christmas party, clean/organized closets(it is time to completely switch out the warm weather clothes for the cold weather clothes--that is a big chore for anyone with several kids)





I am going...to get the kids from school and to the revival at church tonight





I am reading... KJV Bible- I Thessalonians, How to Raise a Gentleman by Kay West, Boys and Girls Who Became Great Missionaries by John Mueller





I am hoping...to get my housework done quickly today





I am hearing...the sound of the furnace blowing. We had to turn it on last night.





Around the house...cleaning and preparing lunch





One of my favorite things... Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, The kind from the can is good, but my favorite is one that is made from a fountain drink with added flavoring. Like a you can get at a diner or Steak-N-Shake.





A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...attend the revival at church each night, go to a party at Emily's on Sat.





Here is picture thought I am sharing...



An oldie, but a goodie. This is Asher enjoying chewing on a corndog stick. Yeah, I know his hair is really long here. He looks like one of the girls. He was about 6 months old in this pic.

1 comment:

Paula said...

We're in the midst of a revival this week, too. Praying that souls are stirred. Have a wonderful week! ;)