Friday, October 24, 2008

Update on Life Around Here

We have been very busy this week. We had fall revival at church. Bro. Darrell Hayes from Georgia was our speaker. I really enjoy hearing him preach. He is very direct. He speaks plainly and truthfully.

The Lord dealt with my heart about worshipping Him more. I need to spend more time thanking him, singing to Him, talking to Him about His goodness to me, and talking to Him about the wonder of Him. I read my Bible. I study. I pray. I am serving Him each day. I am busy with the work and ministries of the church. However, it is very important that I stop, slow down and just worship and adore Him more. I believe it will completely change my relationship with the Lord.

Overall, we had good revival services with hearts being stirred. However we don't have revival just because we have a meeting and revival doesn't stop with the meeting has ended. Revival happens in our hearts when we are willing to listen to follow and to obey the Lord's stirring voice. I pray that we will do these things and continue to see revival in our church.

Yesterday, I was in a baking mood. I made a pumpkin roll and a pumpkin pie. The pumpkin roll was delicious. I used my friend Miranda's recipe. She got it from an Amish recipe. Click on her name for the recipe. It is very easy! I don't know if the pie is good. We haven't had any yet.



Today is going to be a lazy day. I am exhausted after the going, going, going of the week. It is cold, dark, rainy, and dreary outside today. It is a curl up on the couch and watch an old movie type of day. I am planning to drink some warm cider and do just that. I may also make some homemade fall candy with the kids after school. I found a recipe and these cute pumpkin molds. I will also do some laundry, take care of the kids, and cook our meals. Those are a given for everyday.

Tomorrow night we are going to a party at Emily's house. It is just for the grown ups, so the kids will be staying at home with Kayla. I am looking forward to getting a night out with some adult conversation. I enjoy being with my kids, but every mother needs a little time away every now and then. I am long overdue.

4 comments:

Jennie Bender said...

Darrel Hayes was the pastor of the school my Dad took over as principal when we moved to Virginia to start a church in our home. He moved away shortly after Dad came.

Hope you have a break--I don't even want to list what I have into this week! MY WORD! I need a break, too=) Have fun at your party!

Tori Leslie said...

I love revival time, I long the change that comes in our hearts.

That pumpkin roll looks delish! I'm headed over to get the recipe.

Jennie Bender said...

The school in Clintwood? It was 15 miles behind coal trucks, up hill all the way--it took 45 minutes to trek that 15 miles every day w/ or w/o coal trucks!

That was a long time ago. My mother was quite a shock to their church/school! She was artistic and full of bright ideas and wonderfully fun things to do. We had fun. She was my k5 teacher.

Jennie Bender said...

That is weird. My dad was there 3 years, I think Bro. Hayes was there less than a year--I was very small. He had been there a while. I remember talking to them out in the parking lot the day they were moving.

Dad really made a difference in the lives of the young people there. They still write him and thank him for his interest in their lives. That is just my dad, though.

Dad and he have been in touch over the years. They are good friends. He has had several students here at Crown. In fact, my principal, Bill Stanley, sent his girls here to Crown, we met up again, too.

So does your church already have a school or are you starting fresh?